When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Perfusionist The Heart Hospital at Baylor Plano - Full Time Weekdays with Weekend Call Rotation - Plano
Baylor Health Care System
POSITION LEVEL: Nursing
Over a century of being the best - for patients, families and our community. We're Baylor Health Care System (BHCS), a multi-hospital, not-for-profit organization that is setting the standard for health care excellence in the Dallas/Fort worth Metroplex. Baylor has achieved a number of honors, including being ranked in U.S News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals"; nursing Magnet status for Baylor University Medical Center and Baylor Heart and Vascular Hospital; Consumer Choice Award for Overall Quality and Image; Health Care's "Most Wired" hospitals; and the Dallas Business Journal's Best Places to Work.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition and ensures that it is properly supplied for procedures. Sets up the CPB circuit in an expedient fashion, following the department’s procedural guidelines, and in accordance with the surgeon’s preference for the procedure.
- Reviews the patient’s chart for pertinent information regarding the perfusion management of the particular patient.
- Institutes the CPB on instruction from the surgeon and ensures all the mechanical and physiological parameters are kept within policy and procedures.
- Assists in LAVD insertion and monitors LVAD in the ICU.
- Responds to inquiries/calls regarding procedures in a timely manner. Accepts on-call status with Cath Lab coverage.
· Bachelor’s Degree and completion of an accredited/approved Perfusionist Program required
· ABCP required
· Current Texas License required
· 5-15 years of experience preferred
· Current BLS – Required prior to beginning employment