When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Registered Nurse/Nurse Case Manager
Cerebral Palsy Associations of New York State
City: NEW YORK |
State: NY |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 10001
Job ID Number: NW102318 | Posted: 10/23/2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION…
Please note Job ID and Job Title in subject line and send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Registered Nurse/Nurse Case Manager seeking a full time opportunity in Bronx or Manhattan?
Coordinates the delivery of health care services for persons receiving services in an assigned program unit. Makes nursing assessments and diagnoses. Works in conjunction with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to achieve positive health outcomes for persons receiving services.
- Coordinates the delivery of routine and specialty health care services to address assessed needs of persons receiving services in assigned program unit.
- Assesses and establishes health care outcomes for persons receiving services. Updates assessments on at least a semiannual basis or as indicated. Maintains health care profiles.
- Acts as a liaison to communicate health information between and among team members, families, other agencies, hospitals, clinics and all other service providers.
- Completes all required written documentation. Charts health care progress as indicated by acute illnesses and/or complex ongoing medical problems.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of preventive/ongoing health care and makes recommendations/ referrals for alternative care, as necessary.
- Conducts general and individual specific health related trainings for persons receiving services, direct care staff, and other team members as needed.
- Assigns Direct Care staff to perform health care treatments/procedures after having taken into consideration the complexity of the procedure(s), the skill/experience of the staff and the health condition(s)/status of the person receiving services. Initially trains the staff in the task/activity and regularly observes/monitors to ensure all treatments/procedures are performed correctly.
- In conjunction with the Residential Coordinator, supervises AMAP staff and works with the Nursing Educator to ensure all AMAP staff are initially certified and annually re-certified.
- Provides on call coverage via cell phone between the hours of 6:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Is prepared to go onsite if an on call problem warrants a nurse’s visit.
- Maintains all medical standards as set forth in agency policy and OPWDD regulations.
- Participates in meetings as indicated including but not limited to IDT, Day Program, Human Rights, Departmental, Borough and specially arranged meetings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or indicated including but not limited to: completing surrogate packets, writing incident reports, assisting in developing policies, procedures and forms; and establishing working systems.
- NYS Registered Nurse.
- Prior nursing experience and/or experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to and access multiple locations throughout the metropolitan area.
- Able to work flexible hours and/or days.
- Performs all job responsibilities in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Adheres to the agency’s corporate compliance program, including the code of business conduct, the NYS and federal false claims act, whistleblower protection and mandatory reporting. Completes corporate compliance training at least annually. Fully cooperates in all corporate compliance investigations and reviews.
Medical Case Manager Counselors
You can also visit the link below to apply