When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Speech and Language Pathologist / Part Time
Jewish Child and Family Services
City: CHICAGO |
State: IL |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 60606
Job ID Number: SP100918 | Posted: 10/09/2018
Jewish Child & Family Services (JCFS) provides vital, individualized, results-driven, therapeutic and supportive services for thousands of children, adults and families of all backgrounds each year.
The purpose of this position is to provide speech/language therapy to school-aged children (elementary through high school) with various communication, learning and/or behavioral disabilities in a therapeutic learning environment. The diverse population includes elementary and high school aged children with Emotional Behavioral Special Education needs in conjunction with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Receptive and Expressive Language Deficits, Pragmatic Language delays, Articulation, Oral Motor Deficits and mild neurological deficits.
- Master’s Degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence through the American Speech and Hearing Association; CFY’s also considered
- IL state license in Speech and Language Pathology
- IDPR License in SLP Type 73/PEL with a SLP Endorsement
- Successfully completes training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI); employer provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Formulates understanding of students’ needs, including the family, providing appropriate services with supervisory consultation
- Participates in agency staff development programs and professional group seminars or conferences to increase professional knowledge and to report on own work
- Provision of direct individual, group, or consultative speech/language services specified in student’s individual education plans
- Investigation and use of new strategies for delivering student services by continuing education/staff development
- Participation with school administrators/coordinators for effective planning, coordination and implementation of speech/language pathology programs into the total educational system
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org
Jewish Child and Family Services (JCFS) is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application