When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Medical Technologist / Laboratory Scientist / Technician
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
City: WILMINGTON |
State: NC |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 28401
Job ID Number: MT091118 | Posted: 09/11/2018
Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Lab Technician
Generalist, Blood Bank, & Microbiology
Forbes Magazine has announced New Hanover Regional Medical Center is one of America’s Best Employers of 2018. Our organization is the region’s largest healthcare provider, employing over 7,000 people who have a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of others. This is the ideal place for you to further your career.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, North Carolina has opportunities available for Medical Technologists, Medical Laboratory Scientists, and Medical Laboratory Technicians. The Medical Laboratory Scientists are responsible for the analytical evaluation of blood and other body fluids. All tests must be performed with accuracy and precision. Medical Laboratory Scientists must have working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. They must perform and record data from quality control procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required for MT/MLS
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required for MLT
- Blood Bank: SBB(ASCP), MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MLT(ASCP), MT(AMT) or equivalent certification agency required, BB(ASCP) or equivalent
- Microbiology/Immunology: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MLT(ASCP), MT(AMT) or equivalent agency required, M(ASCP) or equivalent
- Core Lab: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MLT(ASCP), MT(AMT) or equivalent certification agency required
- Successful completion from an accredited medical technology program or 3 years of experience as a MLS/MT/MLT in a laboratory under the direction of a board-certified pathologist
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Join Our Talented Team Today! Apply:
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity