When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Registered Nurse F/T
City: NEWTOWN |
State: PA |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 18940
Job ID Number: NW080318 | Posted: 08/03/2018
Registered Nurse F/T
11:00pm to 7:00am
Sunday evening to Friday morning
George School, a Quaker boarding/day grades 9-12 college preparatory school located in Newtown, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, seeks a full-time Registered Nurse for the night shift. The primary responsibility of the school nurse is to serve the students and to administer the policies, procedures and clinical protocols of the Student Health and Wellness Center in order to ensure optimum standards of care and safety.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage students as they present themselves to the Student Health and Wellness Center.
- Schedules student appointments with Nurse Practitioner or Physician for follow up care.
- Maintains and prepares charts for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician.
- Makes all necessary referrals for further medical evaluation, medical care or follow up care.
- Is available to students, parents, dorm teachers, and faculty advisors to answer questions and assist them in solving problems related to medical issues.
- Documents on student records all pertinent medical information.
- Administers prescribed medication to all students.
- Immediately informs the Director of the Student Health and Wellness Center or Dean of Students in the event of a medical emergency or potentially serious health related situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred. National Board Certification as a Registered Nurse required.
- Five years experience working with a diverse adolescent population, preferably in an independent boarding or day school setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge in such areas as drug and alcohol prevention, psychopharmacology, preventative health care, emergency medical procedures, ethics and decision making.
- Discretion, respect and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to articulate and tactfully handle inquiries from students, parents, faculty, staff, and independent medical professionals.
- Must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet applications, Internet, and email.
- Must be able to climb stairs and lift 50 pounds.
To apply please refer to our website under