When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Laboratory Pathologist (MD - PHD)
New York Blood and Cancer Center
City: PORT JEFFERSON STATION |
State: NY |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 11776
Job ID Number: MT062818 | Posted: 06/28/2018
Laboratory Pathologist (MD/PhD)
Port Jefferson Station, NY
New York Blood and Cancer Specialist (NYCBS) is a well-established and highly respected group of professionals dedicated to offering a complete patient care experience at the highest level. In business for over 40 years, we pride ourselves on quality care for all patients. We are nimble, well organized and maintain state-of-the-art facilities and cutting edge technology.
NYCBS currently seeks an experienced Laboratory Pathologist/Medical Director for our large, dynamic and growing multi-specialty practice to be responsible for clinical and anatomical laboratories. You will:
- Participate in departmental professional quality control and quality assurance.
- Maintain timely contact with other physicians, be responsive to their needs
- Responsible for maintaining competency in the area(s) of diagnostic ability.
- Working closely with Laboratory staff on quality improvement projects.
- Maintain knowledge of Federal and state laws and regulations.
- Advance Medical Degree (MD or MD/ Ph.D.).
- Certified by the American Board of Pathology.
- COQ molecular, FISH, and Histology experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in a laboratory setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization (i.e., peers, Clinicians, Technologists and Lab/hospital Administrators).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical and strategic thinking.
- Excellent problem solver, effective at data gathering and analysis.
- Experience with project management concepts and practices
- Board certification, training or experience in the specialized field of Molecular Pathology
- 3-5 year post-graduation working experience in a Urology practice a strong plus
Competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package Please send C.V. to:
Robert Nicoletti, CHRO
Chief Human Resources Officer
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
Building #4 1500 Route 112
Human Resources Department
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
Fax - (631) 675 - 5066
Check our website for other opportunities available www.nycancer.com and follow us on Facebook.New York Cancer and Blood Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer