When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Radiologic Technologist (AART) / Per Diem
St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children
City: BAYSIDE |
State: NY |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 11360
Job ID Number: XT060818 | Posted: 06/08/2018
Radiologic Technologist (AART) - Per Diem
Radiologic Technologist (AART)
St. Mary's Hospital for Children is seeking a Radiologic Technologist (AART) to be responsible for operating radiology equipment to make clinical diagnostic imaging films as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures. Supports Hospital's mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
This is a per diem position; hours are 8am - 4pm
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs a variety of radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging procedures.
2. Positions patients and adjusts equipment for taking diagnostic images following established procedures.
3. Instructs patients regarding procedures. Selects length and intensity for radiation exposure by adjusting equipment on individual patient basis.
4. Follows prescribed safety standards in operating radiology equipment.
5. Examines radiology films and/or digital exams for properties such as density and contracts, definition, magnification and distortion.
6. Takes x-rays of various portions of the body in order to diagnose disease or injury.
7. Prepares patients for x-ray procedures in conjunction with SLP as appropriate.
8. Records test results and monitors patient data.
9. Calibrates and maintains x-ray and radiation safety equipment.
10. Fills out documents and transmits images to teleradiologist, as needed.
11. Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
12. Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and/or participating in professional societies.
14. Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
15. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding and knowledge of exposure factors.
Formal education required:
High school diploma or equivalent required
NYS License as a Radiologic Technologist required
Current/valid American Association of Radiologic Technologist (AART/CCRT) certification required
Previous experience required:
At least 1 year of Radiologic Technologist experience required
Experience in completing videofluoroscopic swallow studies with Speech Pathologist and in pediatrics preferred.
|ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION||St. Mary's is a national leader in intensive rehabilitation, specialized care and education for children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. St. Mary's is the largest post-acute care provider of its kind in New York State, with a continuum of care that supports the child throughout his/her lifetime from inpatient facility to home and community settings. Following hospitalizations for injury, illness or complications of premature birth or when special services are needed, children and their families come to St. Mary's to receive exceptional care, learn to manage their condition and achieve a better quality of life. St. Mary's touches the lives of thousands of children and their families through our inpatient, home care and community-based programs. We provide care in all five boroughs of New York City as well as through Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties. St. Mary's Hospital for Children, our inpatient facility in Bayside, Queens is New York City's only rehabilitation hospital for children. Our home care and community programs are based in Bayside, New Hyde Park and Roslyn caring for 2,000 children. St. Mary's is where big hearts help little patients.|
|EOE STATEMENT||St. Mary's Healthcare System for Children is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO|
|LOCATION||St. Mary's Hospital for Children|