When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
New York Blood Center
City: NEW YORK |
State: NY |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 10065
Job ID Number: MT042318 | Posted: 04/23/2018
Long Island City, NY * Full Time
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
As a key member of our team, this position is responsible for performing moderate/complex serological investigations on samples from a patient population that is ethnically diverse, sensitized, and generally transfusion dependent.
- Providing consultation to hospitals regarding the serological findings and any additional information needed
- Completing accurate preliminary and final reports within a defined time limit
- Monitoring Antigen Negative red blood cell inventory and matching the patient’s red blood cells specification, as well as allocating the units to the hospitals
- Performing testing for research and clinical trials
- Handling other related functions as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree, MT (ASCP) SBB or equivalent preferred
- NYS Department of Education Licensing for Clinical Lab Technologist required
- 5+ years’ experience in transfusion service, including at least 2 years’ experience in immunohematology problem solving
- Comprehensive knowledge of the ABO, Rh, MNS, Kell, Duffy, Kidd blood group systems
- Cognitive problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex information to hospital blood bank laboratorians and physicians
- Computer proficiency, excellent oral/written communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online using the links provided below:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability