When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist
James J Peters VA Medical Center
City: BRONX |
State: NY |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 10468
Job ID Number: XT022818MP | Posted: 02/28/2018
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist [Computed Tomography (CT) &
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)]
The James J. Peters VA Medical Center in the Bronx, New York is a modern tertiary care Facility affiliated with the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the Hospital for Special Surgery. We have a completely computerized record keeping system for all medical notes and encourage teamwork and foster initiative and professional development. Seeking a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (DRT) to work in our Imaging Department. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
The incumbent serves as a full time Diagnostic Radiology Technologist for Imaging Service at the James J. Peters VA Medical Center. In this position the incumbent will perform routine to moderately complex radiographic examination procedures used for medical diagnosis.
- Coverage is provided 24 hours, 7 days a week. The incumbent is expected to provide various tour coverage including weekends and holidays.
- The incumbent must be able to perform a variety of routine and complex CT (Computerized Tomography) exams including routine, vascular (cardiac and non-cardiac), musculoskeletal and neuroradiographic.
- The incumbent must be able to perform a variety of routine, and complex MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) exams including routine, vascular (peripheral, neurovascular), neuro (brain/spine) and musculoskeletal.
- The incumbent spends roughly 75% of the time performing higher level and complex duties including MR and 25% of time performing CT exams, general radiology and special/interventional procedures.
Required Experience in CT and MRI.
- Experience or Education. Completion of a full-time training course of at least 24 months duration (or the equivalent) in a post-high school diagnostic radiologic technology program, evidence by a certificate or an associates degree (transcripts required), accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), and certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in radiology.
- Certification. All applicants must be certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) (Radiology). Advanced ARRT certification is required for Computed Tomography (CT) andMagnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). Advanced certification indicates that the technologist has demonstrated specific clinical competency in the appropriate specialty and taken and passed the designated examination.
- Physical Requirements. Moderate lifting and carrying. Straight puling. Walking, standing and repeat bending.
- English Language Proficiency. DRTs must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), and 7407(d).
Selected Applicant may be eligible to apply for an award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Please note that EDRP is contingent upon the availability of funding and is not guaranteed.
Drug Testing: "All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA."
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Financial Disclosure: This position does not require the filing of a financial disclosure report.
NOTE: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you must provide a copy of your final discharge papers (DD-214) that documents the type of discharge received. If you are claiming 10-point veteran's preference you must also complete a SF-15 Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference", furnishing the required documentation as stated on the back of the SF-15. This form is available at the following internet address: http://www.opm.gov/forms/.
Interested candidates may forward resume to the address, email, or fax number listed below:
James J. Peters VA Medical Center
130 West Kingsbridge Road
Bronx, New York 10468
Attention: Joe Wittmann, Human Resources
Fax# 718-741-4598 / Email email@example.com
EOE, English Proficiency and U.S. Citizenship required