When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Asst. Prof. Mental Health/Psych Nursing & Med/Surg Nursing
San Jose State University
City: SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY |
State: CA |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 95192
Job ID Number: JB-1-83117 | Posted: 08/31/2017
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
SJSU - San Jose State University
Full Position Announcements Available at:
The Valley Foundation School of Nursing: Assistant Professor (Tenure-track), 2 positions
1. MENTAL HEALTH/PSYCHIATRIC NURSING
2. MEDICAL/SURGICAL NURSING
- A Doctorate in nursing or a related field (e.g. DNSc, DrPH, EdD, DNP, PhD, DHS) is required for appointment. A Baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing with a Master’s degree which includes coursework in nursing, nursing education, or administration with a (1) Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing or (2) Medical-Surgical Nursing focus.
- Current physical and psychosocial assessment skills.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, RN licensure in California.
- Both positions require a minimum of 1 year recent experience (within 5 years) in (1) Mental Health/Psychiatric Nursing or (2) Medical-Surgical Nursing providing direct patient care. Clinical teaching applies toward direct patient care.
- One year of teaching experience in a registered nurse education program.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to work well with teams.
Applicants should demonstrate awareness of and sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
Email resume or CV to: Colleen O'Leary-Kelley at email@example.com
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to the core values of inclusion, civility, and respect for each individual.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position