When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Senior Technical Service Specialist
City: MARLBOROUGH |
State: MA |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 01752
Job ID Number: MT-1708001 | Posted: 02/14/2017
Senior Technical Service Specialist (Marlborough, MA)
POSITION SUMMARY: Will serve as a technical product expert with responsibility for providing both pre-sale and post-sale technical support to the Company’s customer base of clinicians and laboratorians. This position supports current customers with the primary objectives of product utilization and customer satisfaction. Customers include clinical reference and hospital laboratories. There is also a strong focus on supporting the sales team in their on-going efforts to drive the business.
• Ensure customers can successfully perform Oxford Immunotec’s diagnostic tests in their laboratory by providing training, materials, and support
• Support sales efforts generating and delivering product presentations and performing on-site product demonstrations
• Perform technical kit customer on-boarding activities including scheduling; organizing; and executing on-site product training for all kit products and associated equipment
• Interact with equipment vendors regarding assay specific procedures; site installation and customer training
• Provide guidance on customer laboratory license requirements including personnel training; assay/equipment validation; and proficiency testing
• Assisting Client Support and QA/QC in documenting and resolving customer complaints
• Provide regular feedback to product team on identified customer/market issues
• Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information to service personnel, company sales representatives, and customer’s employees
• Develop collateral materials for customer training and technical troubleshooting
• Write departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Attend tradeshows working in the booth as a technical product champion
• Maintain the highest degree of knowledge on all newly launched company and competitive products through training and self-education.
• Travel to the Company’s reference laboratories in MA and TN for continued product training and collaboration with laboratory and support staff throughout the year
• Answer telephone and email inquiries regarding product application; test performance and result interpretation, leading customer interaction to positive resolution in a timely manner
• May oversee the daily activities of Technical Service Specialists, as the team grows
• Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
• Regular attendance and timeliness is essential
• Bachelor of Science degree required. Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science certification is required
• 5+ years direct experience in a clinical laboratory environment. Experience with Blood Banking a plus.
Please send resumes to www.oxfordimmunotec.com/careers