When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Medical Technologist/MLT (Generalist w/Blood Bank) FT, Night
City: TRENTON |
State: NJ |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 08638
Job ID Number: MT-1706002 | Posted: 01/31/2017
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the area's most experienced physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell), an outpatient facility in Hamilton Township, and various primary and specialty care practices across the region, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission and received Magnet® status three times in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence.
• Under the general supervision of the Core Lab Section Head and Manager of Operations, Medical Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities, including clerical duties, data entry and specimen processing.
• Performs waived, moderate complexity and high complexity analytic testing on blood and body fluids in Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry, Urinalysis and Blood Bank.
• Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities, including test reporting and verification.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
• Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers and centrifuges.
• Maintains a safe work area.
• Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills, dependability and reliability.
• MT - Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related science OR Bachelor's degree and certification in subspecialty area preferred.
• MLT - Associate's degree in medical technology or related science OR "grandfathered" as a Medical Technologist by CLIA 88 required.
• MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I(ASCP), H(ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum of two years technical laboratory experience in a hospital laboratory is mandatory.
• Experience in all automated and manual technical procedures in Hematology, Coagulation, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Blood Bank and Transfusion Services.
• Must possess analytical skills to utilize technical equipment to perform testing on clinical laboratory automated equipment.
• SOFT LIS experience a plus.
• Ability to work in a highly productive department serving a two-hospital system.
• Make independent decisions quickly and accurately.
• Consistently perform multiple technical tasks and assignments independently.
• Ability to assess specimen quality and the validity of test results.
• Reliable and dependable team player.
• Competitive salaries
• Tuition reimbursement
• Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
• 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/125145/
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/125145/