When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
Radiology Informatics Analyst
Saint Peters University Hospital
City: NEW BRUNSWICK |
State: NJ |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 08901
Job ID Number: HI-1707004 | Posted: 01/26/2017
TREATING YOU BETTER…FOR LIFE.
Saint Peter’s University Hospital was founded in 1907 and is a member of the Saint Peter’s Healthcare System formed in 2007. Saint Peter’s University Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited 478 bed acute care teaching hospital sponsored by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metuchen.
RADIOLOGY INFORMATICS ANALYST
Independently and under the supervision of the RIS/PACS Administrator or the Director of Radiology, the Radiology Informatics Analyst will manage the operations of the Radiology/Cardiology Information systems at the local facility and potentially multiple o site and/or home offices to meet the clinical needs of the managing Radiology/Cardiology workflow and referring physicians’ expectations of receipt of reports. Candidate is accountable for data management and monitoring of the Quality Assurance for RIS/PACS/CVIS systems software and hardware as well as being responsible for the resolution of the exception reports, reconciliations of inappropriate or misfiled accession number issues, unread images and inappropriate MRN demographics, and secure archival images. Will maintain system workflow and standards that adhere to Regional guidelines.
Responsibilities include but not limited:
• Responsible for day-to-day operation of radiology/cardiology systems including order and image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, and prefetching and other related activities.
• Implements departmental initiatives and changing priorities with smooth transition to the working environment in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with all Radiology Departments to ensure maximum system functionality is achieved and maintained.
• Responsible for working in collaboration with IT, Biomedical Engineering and vendors in the planning, installation, execution, maintenance and support of radiology/cardiology related projects.
• Assists with system changes for electronic transcription; software and hardware upgrades as well as training for pertinent system changes.
• Accountable for establishing changes in workflow, communicating changes and providing quality assurance checks to ensure that standard practices are followed.
• Act as a liaison in all digital-imaging initiatives.
• Performs audits, gathers statistics and prepares reports for management and quality improvement for Radiology/Cardiology systems.
• Communicates with Physician Practice Groups and end-users regarding system(s) operations and functions.
• Coordinates end user access, provides training and technical support to operations personnel, physicians, and other end users as needed.
• Takes corrective action as required and reports these occurrences to management.
• Remotely troubleshoots and repairs software related problems or issues upon request.
• Responsible for detailed quality data integrity and management for QA and local RIS/PACS/ISCV reconciliations.
• Works on multiple concurrent projects in addition to routine support activities.
• Effectively communicates upgrades/downtimes to end users and supports operational activities during the downtime and recovery process.
• Assists in the development and implementation of solutions to complex problems.
• Responsible for local system support and training for local processes and implementation of software upgrades and peripheral installations per Regional guidelines.
• Additional diverse duties as assigned.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in business, organizational development, informatics or technology related fields required.
• Strong information technology and computer skills required.
• Database management and acquisition / implementation experience in a clinical environment preferred.
• DICOM, HL7 Knowledge preferred.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Provides 24/7 on-call support, on rotational basis or provides on-call assistance as needed.
• Ability to remain calm & focused during production service interruptions.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies & concepts.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Please send your resume which MUST include salary
requirements to email@example.com,
Fax 732-220-8046 or apply online at:
254 Easton Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
WWW.SAINTPETERSHCS.COM EOE M/F/D/V