When you sign up, ADVANCE gives you:
Access to thousands of healthcare job opportunities
The best healthcare content you can get anywhere
Hours of informative and entertaining multimedia
The latest news, articles, product reviews and much more!
And it's all FREE!
City: NEW BERN |
State: NC |
Country: USA |
ZIP Code: 28560
Job ID Number: | Posted: 01/25/2017
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
Come for the career. Stay for the people you will serve.
At CarolinaEast, we’re creating a culture of excellence.
CarolinaEast Medical Center, located in picturesque New Bern, North Carolina is a 350 bed, full service facility housing a complete complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
CarolinaEast employees have a commitment to demonstrate respect, possess integrity, and show compassion in a safe environment that fosters teamwork, clear communication and lifelong learning.
MT Supervisor - Blood Bank
New Bern, NC
This is technical and supervisory work in the performance of medical laboratory tests and analyses. An individual in this class is assigned to a blood bank. Employees perform a wide variety of prescribed or standardized tests and analyses and assist in the supervision of a medical laboratory. Bachelor of Science Degree with major in Medical Technology or relate biological science including a 12-month practical train. Certification or eligible for certification from a nationally recognized agency such as ASCP. .*A Specialist in Blood Bank (SBB) certification from ASCP is preferred for the Blood Bank section supervisor position. Additional training and experience beyond level of non-supervisory technologist usually required, but exceptions may be made for individuals who demonstrate excellent technical and leadership abilities. Must have a thorough comprehensive knowledge of all test procedures and equipment used in the section of assignment. Must be able to perform complex diagnostic procedures. Must have an in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles, instruments and their interrelationships. Must be able to recognize problems, identify the cause (technical or personnel), create alternative and determine solutions. Must have communication skills in translating facts and ideas to a variety of persons, both within and outside the laboratory. Must be able to evaluate procedures, equipment and people (students and subordinates). Must be able to guide and supervise other people. Must be able to rotate through weekends and nights as required, in an equal basis with other Section Supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Certification Required Customer service skills are required
- Supervisory experience is required
- Experience is required
- Full time
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
for more information about our available opportunities.
CarolinaEast Medical Center Retains Five Star CMS Rating - Only Hospital in North Carolina With Top Ranking
In the second round of star ratings by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), CarolinaEast Medical Center is the only hospital in North Carolina to retain five stars. One of four in the state following the initial ratings, CarolinaEast now amongst an elite 1.81% of hospitals in the country to receive five stars.
- Women’s Choice Award: America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care
- US News and World Report High Performing Hospital in Geriatrics,
- Neurology/Neurosurgery & Pulmonology
- Business North Carolina Patient Pick’s Award
- Business North Carolina Top 25 Hospital
- Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery
- Carechex Top 100 in the Nation for Medical Excellence in Vascular Surgery
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Overall Hospital Care
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Overall Surgical Care
- Carechex Top 100 in the Nation for Patient Safety in Interventional Coronary Care
- Carechex Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety in Cardiac Care
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Certified Chest Pain Center
- American College of Cardiology ACTION Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award