Launch Editor - Healthcare Publication
Merion Matters is the company behind the popular ADVANCE brand, a leader in the healthcare industry for 30 years. We're committed to serving the informational and career needs of millions of doctors, nurses and allied healthcare professionals through a wide range of products and services including magazines, websites, a retail shop, events, custom promotions and communications, hospital shows, conferences and partnerships. We offer corporate clients the opportunity to connect with and influence the healthcare market with effective, targeted and customized media, marketing and merchandise solutions. Join our award-winning team and touch the lives of millions of healthcare professionals. Visit us online at advanceweb.com.
We are seeking a Launch Editor with at least 2 years of experience as head of content for a new healthcare publication. This is a rare, exciting opportunity to join the launch of a new national magazine in the hospital and health system space. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in business topics and/or healthcare topics and exhibit creativity, energy and forward thinking. ADVANCE provides timely, topical, balanced articles to connect healthcare professionals with the latest issues surrounding the field.
- Extensive writing experience in a magazine environment
- Copy editing experience
- Content planning experience with content calendars for print and web
- Expertise in social media as a tool for content engagement
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and outside-the-box thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Track record of publication success in terms of content and revenue
- Staff management experience desired
This position is an exciting opportunity to join an organization that is responding to the market in collaborative, positive ways! Only true team players should apply.
Please send resume along with 3 published samples to Ellen Spiegel. Web and multimedia samples are strongly preferred.